Rockfire Resources plc (LON: ROCK)
Informed the market of recent exploration activity at the Company’s 100%-owned Molaoi zinc deposit in Greece.
Highlights included 13.4% Zn Eq. over a width of 7.18m.
|Rockfire Resources||LSE: ROCK|
|Metals||Gold, copper, silver, zinc, lead|
|Market cap||£2 m @ 2p|
13 February 2023
Rockfire Resources plc
(“Rockfire” or the “Company”)
Rockfire Resources plc (LON: ROCK), the base metal, gold, and critical mineral exploration company, is pleased to inform the market of recent exploration activity at the Company’s 100%-owned Molaoi zinc deposit in Greece.
· Following outstanding drilling results from drill hole MO_GTK_001, two further geotechnical holes have been completed. Hole MO_GTK_001 intersected a main lode comprising 13.4% ZnEq. over a width of 7.18m, from 130.62m (11.3% Zn, 1.4% Pb and 50g/t Ag). Several additional lodes were also encountered. Please refer to our RNS, dated 23 January 2023.
· Our geotechnical drilling is designed to gather geotechnical information along a 1.5km strike length of the orebody to assist with the selection of an appropriate mining method and mine design for safety.
· Massive sulphides have been observed in holes MO_GTK_002 and MO_GTK_003A, with some of the strongest visual mineralisation so far at Molaoi being encountered in MO_GTK_003A.
· A fourth geotechnical drill hole (MO_GTK_004) is in progress.
· Drill holes are being positioned approximately 100m apart, along a 1.5km strike. This will ensure that the full length of the zinc resource is tested for underground mining geotechnical parameters, as well as crushing/grinding work index studies.
· A site visit has been completed by SRK Consulting (UK) Ltd, who are working with the Rockfire team to ensure best practice methodologies are being implemented for the collection of data to support ongoing studies.
David Price, Chief Executive Officer of Rockfire, commented:
” We are pleased with the progress of our geotechnical drilling at Molaoi, and particularly thrilled with the quantity of sulphides being encountered.
“Multiple lodes are still being encountered in each hole, which bodes well for bringing these multiple lodes into our next resource upgrade. The market will continue to be informed of drilling progress and assay results as they are received.”
Global Mining Finance Conferences – devised and produced by industry experts are the must-attend events for miners seeking finance for projects – and for financiers seeking projects to back.
Global Mining Finance events offer:
- A traditional present to the audience mining conference format;
- Fantastic networking opportunities in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere;
- Speaker programmes with non-duplicated presentations;
- Expert event moderation and audience question opportunities;
- Blue-chip keynote speakers on current topics and projects;
- Free delegate attendance – Lunch and refreshments are included.
To present at one of our future events, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org